From 2019-2021 I ran my own consulting company, Lemon & Eggs Data Design. I am now happily employed at Akamai Technologies and am not taking paying consulting clients at this time. I do, from time to time, take on pro-bono consulting for digital humanities projects and cultural heritage groups with a strong social justice mission.
See below for my key areas of consultation. To schedule a consultation, please use the webform on the contacts page.
I work with clients to find meaningful answers in messy data. Depending on the project this can involve:
- Data cleaning or remodeling to focus on critical metadata
- Data modeling to facilitate relevant analysis
- Data analysis and data visualization for discovering and crafting arguments
- New workflows for better data capture and future use
I can work independently, partner with an existing team, and/or train your employees to accomplish these tasks.
I work with organizations who seek to generate knowledge through providing better access to data and resources. I help them become more effective by articulating their mission and goals, and by empowering their people to find new solutions. I have particular experience in:
- Establishing and leading research centers
- Translating archives into digital resources
- Strategic planning
- Management consulting